Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, January 2, 2012

Matt: January 2, 2012

Dear family,


This week has been crazy. The biggest craziness being new years eve. My good Gadianton, New years eve here in Brasil is like the 4th of July, but on steroids! Everybody blasting off rockets and fireworks and just being loud and crazy. The fireworks started Monday (the day after Christmas) and had a good steady crescendo until Saturday when at midnight they hit the World War 3-esque climax. It was crazy talk. Some new craziness is that P day in the Curitiba mission has been permanently moved to MONDAY! Ó LOUCO!!! Yeah so that´s how it will be till mission´s end. Also my beloved companheiro Elder "jota grande" Jackson is going to train another incoming elder leaving me in this same area and I will be getting my comp here in 2 days.

Not a lot has happened here in this area since Wednesday, but we´re just running amuck and teaching anyone who will listen to us. Encontrando os eleitos. We´ve made buttermilk syrup and pancakes everyday this year for breakfast, but we´re out of pancake batter so we´ll see how long we can keep that up. Super delicioso.

Michael- I got your letter today. HA HA HA so great! Vou escrever de volta logo logo.

Nick- Did you ever get your eagle?

Rhett- I got your Christmas card and it was so cute. Obrigado.

Nat&Nate- I got your Christmas card a little bit ago, I don´t remember if I already thanked you for it, but THANKS! It is sticky tacked onto my wall where I study.

Well family I love you all. Don´t forget that this is the home stretch. This is when a missionary needs letters and emails and photos the most!

Wif luv,

Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment