Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Michael: January 4, 2012

Dear family!


I´m going for the record! Today we had transfers, my new companion is Elder Cox from Boise, Idaho! My 6 -5´´ son fresh from the MTC!

We´re headed to an area we don´t know. Riacho, Contagem. It´s a branch. Contagem and Belo Horizonte are like Orem and Provo (I think) but A LOT bigger.

Mom- I met Elder Kimbler! He´s got 5 months on the mission and he´s training, he seems real good. He´s way happy/goofy I liked him a lot.

Ademir said you guys had a good late night chat!?! You had nothing better to say about me than I had allergies to everything when I was a baby?

Rhett- I got your families Christmas card! oo za za!

Nat- I also got your families Christmas card. rarrr. I´m feelin pretty good about summer semester at BYU or USU. Sign me up!

We set a lot of goals.. I was about to SMASH my goal for baptisms this month before I was transfered...

Nick- Don´t loose your retainer! Your email ROCKED, it´s pretty weird for me to imagine my friends home too! Ammon & Bronco eh? Tell me more.

Matt- P-day on Monday? Doideira pura sem mixtura. Did you get the Christensen family Christmas card?

After some hard weeks I had possibly the best 4 days of my mission.. Gean - 12 years old - was baptised. His grandparents, mom, and sister came to church and loved it. Aparecida (his grandma), Lorena (his 10 year old sister) and Josefina (their super elect neighbor) will be baptised this week, and Jameson (Gean´s uncle) on January 15th.

I dunno how to say how I feel about them but it was extra special to be able to help a big family come to know the gospel. And it broke my achey breaky heart to leave them so soon.

Josefina is also a great lady, she´s that investigator that told us ´´I´ve come to the end of my search... I now know the way God´s always had in store for me... I feel like a hole was filled inside of me´´

Well family I love all your letters and emails, thank you so much!

Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment