Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, January 16, 2012

Matt: January 16, 2012

Querida família,


Wowwee what a week. My companion and I are trying to put it into 9th gear (yeah- way beyond 5th) and get some gente baptized here down in the dirty dirty. Yesterday I gained a testimony of how we can never know joy if we never know sorrow/ opposition in all things. We got the ward excited to get to know this family we´ve been teaching (yes the lady from last week who´s received all the answers) and yesterday they went to church!!! That isn´t even half of the greatness; when they got there, they already had a bunch of friends waiting and it wasn´t awkward or anything. Then in the gospel principles class the husband just kinda stopped the class by asking, "What happens to people that go inactive from the church?" after explaining that nothing really happens but that they lose out on blessings our investigator explained himself by saying,"Well I want to get baptized, but I just didn´t know if they made you do something if you go inactive, or go through some process." SAWEEEET!!! Then it only got better when our WML just pounded him and his wife with the importance of baptism and how they need to follow the answers that God gives them. Yeah it was amazing. We´re ending our P day a little early today so we can go there with some members to mark their baptismal date for this Sunday! Pray for our success.

Other than that just doing the work. Trying to renew our group of investigators and get rid of the "moleys".

Dad- Your emails always help me out. That´s awesome that you´re getting some divine guidance through the ole Gold Bible. I mark that same chapter in the second visit with my investigators ALWAYS!

Al- your girls say the silliest things

Can- I´m gonna talk to my mission president and see if he can pull some strings and get me into SLCC. Kinda depending on where I live and my luck of the draw will decide my college future, but if you could apply me to SLCC, UVSC, BYU, and...that´s it, I would appreciate it. Oh yeah see goodbye social life? Didn´t you get married like 3 years ago? kkkkkk

Nick- You can use my Rossignol skis once the snow comes back if you want to ski free after 3. I think they´re way better than those atomics, but 5 months burried under snow usually doesn´t do a ski very nice.

I love you all mucho,

Elder Matt

PS- If any of you see Jason Jolley before my letter that I will send him (most likely in February) gets there, tell him: Good luck with being a full-time student with a full-time job. Thank you for the sports updates, and keep them coming because they´re the only non-Alta sports updates I get. I miss you like crazy as well, but after 3 sundays I´ll be home and we can just do the dew like old times. And that chicks are for fags! And what happened to Auburn this year? Do I dare ask about BYU?

No comments:

Post a Comment