Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Michael: January 18, 2012

Dear family.


The days here are good, although I feel like a tital wave keeps coming crashing down on my sand castle each week. The devil keeps sending his shafts and mighty whirlwinds and gulls to eat the seeds we plant, not to mention the crowds in the giamongous spacious building runnin their mouths. A couple was convinced by their daughter that they were already baptised and also invited by the same daughter to go out of town a day before their baptism for her mother-in-law´s birthday lunch.

Baptism is good and all but it´s not everyday your daughter´s mother-in-law turns 69?

This week a 70 is gonna come to our branch, accompanied by Pres. Parrella. So I might work all P-day long..

I got a letter 7 pages front and back from Suely back in 7 Lagoas which makes me grateful for working hard everyday even if Satan wins sometimes.

My comp got a package from home, another bençao.

I thank you for all your prayers, emails and thoughts.

Dad-

Thank you for acting upon your promptings and having sent us that great email! I finished reading the conference Ensign and went back to where I left off in Jesus the Christ and it´s awesome. It does a man so much good to always remember Him. As I read the chapter on his boyhood I felt a special spirit imagining on how it could´ve been. James E. Talmage explains well how it´s evident by His parables that He loved nature and well was just really smart.

Yesterday the member lady we had lunch with was very impressed that all 8 of your children are active in the church and 5 have served missions and expect to have another serve. Actually a lot of people get impressed when I tell em but I thought I´d mention it today.

-So ya Elder Cox´s mom is Greg Whimmer´s cousin ha. Sweet that Nick is in Guatamala. Mundo pequeno. There´s an RM in this ward that is the 4th I´ve met on my mission that served with Alec Crestani. (same mission same time, not comps)

Matt- Pega firme!

I love YOU.

Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment