Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, January 9, 2012

Matt: January 9, 2012

Dearest family of mine,


Holy cow what a week. Transfers have come and gone and I am now with Elder Bons! I actually prayed that he would be my companion so once again, another testimony that God answers prayers.

This week has been good. We´re really trying to focus on working with members so that every aspect of the work will improve, and let me tell you- thus far it has been exhausting. We´ve had a lot of meetings and just coisinhas to do so it has been hecka rushed. Mostly the cool thing that happened this week was yesterday. After showing up to 4 o'clock church (yes, sacrament meeting gets out at 7 at NIGHT) We waited the entire time for our star investigator´s wife to show up with her kids. Long story short she never showed up. So we went there at 7:30 with the King of Curitiba, Teciomar (who´s life and awesomeness I am a hair short of coveting) to see what was up. She said she was emberassed to show up to church with a bunch of kids and no husband, especially since we´re such a family oriented church, so she didn´t go. To make a long story medium, we talked about how she felt a peace when she read the Book of Mormon, and how that is a sign from God. Then she said, "Yeah I guess when you guys showed up, my husband who never had interest in ANY religion all of a sudden took a liking to yours, and that time when you blessed my head with oil so that my arm wouldn´t hurt- it really did stop hurting. And that other time when you blessed my daughter that she would have a calm safe trip, everything turned out ok. And that one time that my husband went to your church all by himself. Plus how every time you guys come over you bring a tranquility that is hardly ever here. So I guess I´ve already seen a few proofs that your church is true."
a hoo. That´s the mission baby.

the church is true and I love you all

TCHAU!

-Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment