Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Michael: March 7, 2012

uhhh hey guys!


By the email subjects looks like I wasnt the only one who heard some Grease tunes bumpin in the local bars.

This week was supercalifradilistic.

Here´s a quick cap of the happy happs.

I finished reading Jesus the Christ mais ou menos 2 1/2 hours ago. uau!

My suspicions were finally confirmed, my mission president has a first and second counselor. One of them came to interview Ruver to be baptized Saturday night. There was a baptism in the ward who shares the building with us Saturday night and I accidentally left the water heater on from her baptismal service until Sunday morning for Ruvers baptism. So on the Sabbath afternoon Ruvers sins were washed, boiled, cooked, burned and spiritually cleansed! Hip hip hooray!

The work is going, we´re tipping on the edge of great success and rock bottom working with some teenage kids that have friends in the church but whose parents are i guess who could say ignorant.

I feel the spirit really strong doing this work. We taught a guy named Moses on the steps of an abandoned catholic church, he was weeding the lot and turns out he´s homeless but him and a colleague of his came to church with us. We were also able to go into the shelter he´s staying at and teach. We only went one day cause no one there really is sure where they´re gonna be in the following weeks and so baptising them and not be able to keep track of them is not a good idea....but I know a good seed was planted in fertile soil with Moses, just gotta hack at the thorns and addictions to everything you can think of.

The rest that happened this week is gonna be a surprise for me to tell you about l8r.

Jor- St. George just went up in my book. I like the temple there. I like it a lot.

Dad- Let me know what help I can give when I get home. Its great to get your emails no matter the matter.

Mom, Al, Nat, Can, Nick- Somethin weird happened I didnt get your emails this week?

With much faith, hope, love, and eyes fixed on the glory of God,

Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment