Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Monday, March 26, 2012

Matt: March 26, 2012

Dear family,


This week was a good one. No baptisms, confirmations, or disappearing acts catching the bus, but a good week nonetheless. Me and my companion are just trying to destroy with numeros, and we´re doing good so far. Tonight is transfer calls and I will know undoubtedly who will "kill me" on the mission. This week we had a service project at a member´s house and not wanting to dirty my soccer shoes, I wore the crocs that the ghost of missionary past left in the house who knows how long ago. Not wanting to look like a bafoon (as if that was somehow avoidable in bright yellow crocs) I opted not to wear socks and just wash my feet afterwards. Well all was going fine and dandy until I was carrying a wheelburrow full of weeds to the designated dumping point and I felt a hot, itchy, burning sensation on my left foot. I looked down only to find I had stepped in some hidden ant hill and my foot was now covered in dozens and dozens of little bitty ants making a feast out of my foot! I brushed them off but the damage was done, and my foot still itches a little 2 days later.

Other than that the work is going good. We´re working hard and got a bunch of new people to teach, so that´s good. Plus we finally got a few people to go to church that previously were not going. Ótimo. But mostly this week I´m getting stoked and pumped and tweaked and psyched and amped and excited for the 182nd annual general conference!!!! Monson, Eyring, Uchtdorf, Holland, Ballard, Christofferson, Oaks, all in one place one weekend only. As put by Jordan some 5 years ago, "It´s like the superbowl, but for missionarys." I love it. I hope all of you can catch all 4 (or 5) sessions, something that never made sense to me til I got here on the mission and realized how good the Saturday sessions are.

Mom- Is it in you? kkkkk

Michael- Best bus catching story ever. Way better than the days at 6:39 AM pounding on the side of the UTA with skis, poles, backpack, and coat to let me in so I could go up to work in time for biscuits and gravy breakfast.

Dad- Thanks for the email, I loved it. Glad to hear that all your stuff got cleared up and that Billy Ray and Krissy Lou are back together like ramalamamagadingitydingdabop.

Nat & Nate- March sounds like quite the party month, but I have a feeling May is gonna blow the doors right off the hinges.

Al- 33? Yikes. Sounds like Abby is going to be the next batizadora here in Brasil. That´s awesome to hear.

Devin- Tell Jason Jolley a cruise sounds cool and that I am also equally excited to see him here in a few weeks. Money will be tight, but nothing that a popsicle stand can´t resolve.

até mais, te amo-

Elder Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment