Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Michael: December 21, 2011

Dear family,


This week was better but I think Tuesday is always a horrible day right in time for me to report home... We had 3 investigators in church, all adults that would´ve been baptised until one admitted that wasn´t really married to her hubby, and the woman of another couple only wanted to be baptized if her husband were, but has decided to go back to her church cause her husband is a raging alcoholic that relapsed and is pretty unteachable.

Well fam I don´t have much else to write, the good that´s going on is mostly just the happiness I have inside as I share the gospel with everyone. I asked a guy yesterday if we could share our message with him and he said ´´No because if we were to sit down we would just argue and fight´´ but it was my pleasure to sit with him, pray with him and for him, and calmly testify to him of the Lord´s restored church & gospel and see how his posture changed. He´s not gonna be baptised now but maybe one day he´ll visit the church- but for sure his vision of us was changed.

Apostasy of the week- I´m not sure if you guys heard as many outrageous things on your missions as we do but I decided to share one from yesterday. We´re teaching a family and the 12 year old son said he had bad news for us but was shy to say what it was and finally spit it out that his friend´s mom told all his friends that we bathed in oxen blood. (temple baptistry?)

YA THE PLAN IS ON. 4:20 Brazil BH, MG time. I´m pretty sure its you guys Pres doesn´t want me to see, not so much you guys see me but what can ya do?

Matt- The missionaries here joke about avoiding everything, pictures, music, that has to do with the temple to not get trunky.

I´m pretty sure I´ve seen Sis Castellano. I know the name but don´t remember the face. What does morena even mean??

Jor- it was great hearing from you! Thanks for the email in all the hustle and bustle. Valeu for the Christmas treat!!

Nick - I´m falling, you´re falling, we´re falling, WHALE!!!

Enjoy this time of family, good-doing, and rememberance of our Lord and Savior´s birth.

I love you all, thanks for your prayers, I need them now.

No comments:

Post a Comment