Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Matt: December 14, 2011

Dearest most marvelous family of mine,


MAMA MIA NÃO ACREDITO!! QUE BENÇÃO DO CÉU! MICHAEL AND THE WHOLE FAM-DAMILY SKYPING FOR CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!! Surely the Lord has headrd our prayers and this will be a Christmas call to remember. I will also call at 4:15 ish (Brasil time) to get in on the multiskype action....That is if it´s ok with Michael. I know it´d be like splitting your few precious minutes on the Christmas call, but I think it´d be worth it.

This week was a goody. We didn´t baptize anybody or get anyone to church, so that really sucked, but other than that it has been a great week. Christmas is in full swing down here in Curitiba and we had our mission Christmas conference yesterday. It was splendid. I could really get to feel the importance of this special season and appreciate the birth of the Savior. Also we had a regular Christmas feast with not a single bean to be found ha ha so that was great!

I just got back from doing a session in the southernmost temple visited by any Gagon relative ha ha (probably true) and it was AMAZING!!! Minha nossa I would exhort all of you to hire a baby sitter and go do a session before Christmas. Vocês irão fazer isso? The spirit of God, like a fire, was burning brightly. It was such a great experience to be able to learn new things by doing the same old stuff. The temple is truly God´s house.

This week I did a baptismal interview with that lady that I was teaching forever ago, whom I think I mentioned in one of my previous emails. Anywho she is super elect and ready to be baptized but wanted to wait til she was "ready" and after a good long talk she should be getting baptized this weekend.

I am super sad to hear about Deb Larsen. I wasn´t as tight with her as I was with her husband, but Ken Larsen was undoubtedly the greatest scout master to ever serve. That man opened my eyes and shaped my life and the lives of others during a very pivotal (and difficult) time of life. I never expressed my grattitude to him like I should have, for all the awesome camp outs, car rides, and pack meetings, but por favor send him my deepest sympathies.

Michael- Apparently there´s a Sister Castellano in your mission who has a sister serving (treinadora woo! GH) here in my zone. Apparently sister Castellano in BH is morena and aqui ela é clarinha e ambas conhecem seu Presidente.

Jordan- There are two RMs in my area that served with you in Interlagos. One of them was Elder Augusto who was a verdinho when you were in the end of your mission. The other´s name is Ríquiel. He´s has red hair which is slowly receding back his scalp.. They both said you sang really well and that your area baptized like crazy which makes me wonder, was there another Sister Gagon from Sandy, UT serving with you?

Nick- =" Here I could´ve gone with option A: dodging the claws and take him out with a spinning back kick to the head, or option B: taking the claws to the face and roll around on the ground and cry like a little girl...... Should´ve gone with option A- AAAHHHHHH!!!!"= PS You should probably stop wearing women´s clothing.

Dad- you rock. Thanks for the email.

mom- ditto

ILYTM

-Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment