Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Michael: December 14, 2011

Dear family!


So good to hear from you ma, pa and Nickle pickle this week!

Well I´ll get right down to it, Presidente Parrella is going to let me skype you guys! When I asked him I mentioned it being cheaper and easier to be able to talk to my extensively big fam that resides in varying distant lands. Anyway he said Yes if it were without the image but I´m wondering if I really heard him say that or if I imagined it if-ya-know-what-I-mean.

This week we taught a guy named Marcio. He´s not all there because of how much alcohol he´s consumed in the past, and we was preparing to be baptized- after our lesson w/him around lunch time he walked down the street with us, and when we knocked on the next door he stayed there, and when they let us inside he came in, and long story short worked all day long with us haha and the next day too. He would approach people and say ´´Hey can we teach you guys our doctrine?´´, and then he´d take control of the lessons and say ´´first we need to say a prayer´´ and he´d kneel down, put his hands on his chest and offer the prayers which never ended in the name of Jesus Christ or with Amen, just came slowly to a halt. It was so entertaining I just let him be. We´d invite people to church and he´d say the craziest stuff like ´´Ya you should go the library there has over 1300 books.´´

Worked 2 days with us but when Sunday morning came around he stayed in bed. So things continue in this slump I´m in.

I ate a HUGE banana this week. It wasn´t long at all but when I closed my hand around it my middle finger couldn´t touch my thumb! you couldn´t get it all in your mouth you had to take bites out of the sides.

Nick- I laughed way hard even though I dont remember where THATS A LOT OF NUTS is from.

Bro, my memories of the Alta library is making false photocopies of my attendance records to turn into Coach Ham so I´d get out of doing up-downs for my tardies. And I always wondered if anyone in the last 12 years actually checked a book out?

I don´t know why but I didn´t see your beard pic- but send your Christmas dance pic on down. You´re SBO and your date is 15? ha jk, I know how you felt in sem, Bro Smith or Dingus asked me what day sweethearts was my sophmore year. ´´The 10th!´´ ´´And your birthday?´´ uh...

Matt- me hijo #2 chama Elder Martinez. Stop calling our sisters Shirly! kk.

Jor- whats a slanket?

Al- How oft do you have the missionaries over for din? How are their messages? Do they grill ya for referals?

Ma- what is melancholy exactly? I often wanna rewind the tapes of time also. I still haven´t found the Elder from Aunt Gina´s ward. Lots of Pakistanians serving missions in New York?

Dad- No, nobody mentioned Lisa Laursen´s death. Carumba. Any news on what Jeremy or her kids are up to would be great. Well Dad I think after having served a mission I will have become somewhat a self sufficient and strong person, and I am determined to do all I can to repay you and maybe even strengthen you a little bit.

So if Drew is in Mozambique he must be speakin the same lovely language as Matt and I. NEAT-O!

Well fam- I´m gonna use the member´s skype account. his username is: ademirrdesouza

If anything goes wrong his number is 3130231554. /I think that´s leaving out a few numbers at the beginning that you need to call internationally. 00500 or something? You can look back at my email from last mothers day or christmas and compare...

With super love,

Elder Michael D Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment