Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Michael: November 2, 2011

Dear family!
After walkin around this town like highschool freshman for 3 weeks things are lookin more positive. Joao has got a date to be baptised Sunday. He´s a 67ish year old guy. He answered his door and said ´come in´ before we said anything, and I thought great, some geezer that wants to yap our ears off, lets just get in a lesson and get out logo. In the middle of the lesson I was kinda frustrated cause it was yet another of the many lessons we´ve taught lately where I knew they werent understanding almost anything I was teaching, much less what my comp was- So I cut to the chase and told him Joseph Smith´s story really rapido and invited him to be baptised. He accepted. The next day was Saturday, we didnt really teach him but told him to wait for us on the corner of the street at 8:20 to go to church the next day, and I thought that´ll be the do or die, if he goes we´ll keep teaching him. And on Sunday morning after all the other people who said theyd go to church flaked out on us we pull around Joao´s corner and he´s ready and waiting in a white shirt. I felt really humbled, and to not go on forev I´d like to say I´m learning a lot out here. Joao truly decided to be baptised because he felt so good and so different at church. Ive learned how those 3 hours on Sunday are such a blessing and so important. And they truly are- the best 3 hours of the week! Joao threw away his coffee when we taught him Sunday afternoon after much persuasion. He said ´´are you sure you guys dont want to drink the last bit with me´´.
I also got a letter from Suely that I baptised in Sete Lagoas. She´s got a call in the young womens. Im so grateful to be involved in this sacred work, it really is true what it says in D&C 15/16:6 Nothing is of greater importance than preach repentance unto this people that we can rest with them in the kingdom of God.
Rhett- I also got your letter! muito bom, Bom d+
On a sad note, a missionary from my MTC group got sent home :( Of 12 we are now 8 survivors.
For Halloween I dressed up as Elder Forsyth and my comp was Elder Gagon haha.
Oh- and I´ve got another snake in my boots. This one is a member though.

Nick- Sorry about the loss. I know that´s something that really hurts- and the only way to not feel it I think is just to distract yourself, and keep yourself busy. Forget your pain and help someone else who might be having a real tough time. How´s stud gov? How are your amigos, e amigas? What´s going on with Rachel Rodart??!? I haven´t gotten your letter yet. Thanks for the email. keep em comin with the letters!

Matt- kkk queimou Jordan! Ya I was gonna tell you this week, our AP Elder Cavalheiro é o filho da Beth. I´m not sure how many months he´s got but pretty sure its about half as many as us! He seems pretty humble to me though- Gostei muito dele.

20 hugs to go around!
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment