Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Matt: November 2, 2011

Dear Fam,
I write you this week as if I was rappin´
We´re doing lots of work,
but not a lot seems to happen.
We´re teaching Father´s children,
even ones without a home,
but the apostate church is STRONG here,
yeah- the one that´s based in Rome.
We have some great investigators
who all promise to go to church,
but when we go there sunday morning
they just leave us in a lurch.
I think about the mission
and how much I truly love it.
Sunday morning I´m just left wishin´
that I loved every minute of it.
My area´s covered in morros
my bed is full of fleas
the streets run amuck with cachorros
and my hot dog is full of peas.
Brasil is such a crazy place
and I´m so greatful to be here
I love saying things like, "You´re the face"
And I love feeling my savior so near.
People try to attack your faith
Say things like, "Joe Smith was a fraud."
I humby bear testimony back saying
"No that man´s a prophet of God.
He translated the Book of Mormon
And received many revelations
Through the church and gospel he restored
We can obtain our salvation.
I know that all these things are true
Not cuz my parents always said it,
or because I did a google search
and under God´s true church I read it.
But cuz I read the Book of Mormon
And I asked God in the name of Christ
if all these things I read were true
and after- I´ve never felt so nice.
That´s how I came to know the truth
I just asked God, in Jesus' name
We´d like to stop by your house one day
and invite you to do the same."
That´s sometimes how street contacts go
and you can actually feel the spirit,
but often they just cruise on by
or say, "I don´t even wanna hear it!"
This week an old investigator called me
said our dreams were coming true
it´s been 15 days she hasn´t smoked
and Sunday she´ll be baptized too.
Today we played some soccer
and I somehow scored a slew of goals.
We even had 2 investigators there!
but now my body feels broken and old.
That stinks to hear of Nick´s football loss
and how his season came to an end
but look on the bright side, now there´s time
to write letters to your brothers and send!
Halloween has come and gone here
they don´t really celebrate here in Brasil
my comp and I made Jack-o-melon lanterns
which was of this entire week the thrill
I LOVED Can and Devin´s costume!
Michael, yours was funny as well
Al thanks for all the pictures
my nieces and nephews are cute as ____!

The mission is such a blessing
and I am so grateful that I´m here
I´m starting now to realize, that
these truly are the BEST TWO YEARS!

Com amor,
Elder Matthew Wright Gegs "Falafel sounds like a good place, lets go there" Gagon I of Curitiba

No comments:

Post a Comment