Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Matt: November 9, 2011

Dear family,
This week was a goody. Just putting our nose to the grindstone and finally getting our boy Jackson to go back to church so that he could receive a remission of sins after the meetin´! Good stuff. We went back to his house to accompany him but his brother with mental problems told us he already left for work. Come to find out that he was actually in the shower... Oh well. Things are turning around here in the dirty south. We´re finding a lot of our Heavenly Father´s elect children, and preaching up a storm. Monday I ate lunch in the home of Bishop Jairo Cordeiro who told us that on his mission to the Brasil North mission (yeah when there were 2 missions in Brasil, one filled with dinosaurs, the other filled with dying Nephites) he told me how he taught the gospel to a young Mineiro named Henrique DeAgostini and how after sed bishop left he was baptized and not too long after married a girl from what would be the Curitiba mormon equivilent to the Kennedy family. And how 2 weeks ago he was eating dinner in their house in Utah. Small Brasilian LDS world!
That stinks to hear about those 2 missionaries in Texas. I have a close call here and there, but I have yet to have anything bad happen to me. Só bençãos! Also, yesterday at lunch I caught myself doing something that I never thought I would do in my life 2 years ago. I was eating bananas with hot sauce.
Beans..... beets..... bananas and hot sauce - with rice. It wasn´t half bad.

Mom- Thanks for the email. I loved it. That is good that you are using your time "doing something of worth" ha ha. Also check your email inbox.
Michael- I´ve seen that "elder Mileski" name around, but I think he´s from the other ward that goes to our same building. Gostou meus planos de encontrar a "meu bem"? PS I heard that expression for the first time this week, and all week long!
Jor- Oh yeah, like I would do ANYTHING to attract more brasilian street dogs to me, even for the sake of losing wait. Tá louco? If they stopped making skittles I am gonna throw up.
Nick- Loved the email, my missionary prep advice to go along with Michael´s is to watch lots of Kung Pow. Many elders have seen it, and it is super hilarious to quote back and forth. jk but for reals I would say to also study chapter 1 of PMG along with chap 3. Figure out why we serve missions.
Nate J- The reason you never found out about the single greatest Kung fu comedy of all time, is because once upon a time on a road trip home from Mexico, your sister-in-law Jordan hid it from me in the Wright´s house in Tucson so that she would never have to hear me laugh ever again! How rude.
Jor- Yeah I still remember that!

Well fam, love you all.
-Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment