Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Michael: November 9, 2011

Oi familia!

I´ll come right out with the good news.
Senhor Joao´s 68 years worth of sins were washed away on Sunday! It was good. me and my comp pulled sides of a wishbone to see who would baptise him and I won two out of three (we eat lunch almost erryday with that member that works with us and there is always a casket-load of bones in the food he makes). For the first time since February I baptised in heated water which was nice. The water was so warm that the glass in front of the font was all foggy when they opened the doors for urrbody to see, and Joao splashed around a little before he got out.
So I think I´ll be leaving this area soon cause of the member-snake down here. She wrote me a note saying she was being sexually harrassed and needed my counsel. The sisters that work in the other half of our area are also outee cause they have a stalker. Our mission president had the guy that works with us go work with the sisters to keep the stalker away.
Jaynes- I got the package with letters from Nate, Nat, and Nick! or should I say I found it in the mission office, who knows how long it´s been there. Obrigado! And the jump rope and deo. bone-G-mice ha. I jumped the rope 145 times in 1 minute this morning.
So here in Belo there are now missionaries from Portugal, Bolivia, Chile? Uruguay, Germany? Peru?.. anyway it´s kinda cool. And an Elder from Uruguay had pictures of my buddy Dom Havelin who made mission there.

Al- great email, your pictures look profesh! The one of Abby and Ellie hugging is so cute! But hey, how did you make your pot of gold costume??

Jor- ótimo email! No more skittles? sério?

Nat- Letter response comin hot- It´s hard for me to remember cold weather so cold you cant stay outside.

Can/Dev- Holy costume!

Matt- I got your letter in the 2 envelopes + your b-ball foto. Nossa. There is an Elder Mileski here that is from the same ward as Elder Carvalheiro (the ward you are in) do you know his family?? He´s weird he wouldn´t tell me his mom´s name so maybe his fam isn´t doin so hot.. There are also 2 other missionaries here from that same stake, and a sister in my district (Sister Batista, who´s being stalked) from Curitiba, her sister also served here in Belo..
Anyway it´s a small Brazilian LDS world.

Nick- Utah Ski and Golf eh? ski benefits? I´m growin my hair and starting now maybe I´ll grow my sideburns a centimeter longer for No-shave-novemb. I´d def do a semest of college and then head out on the best 2 year adventure of your LIFE. Also, I wouldn´t go further south than BYU but if scholarship takes you elsewhere tudo bem, follow the spirit. Way pumped to hear about your BoM and Ensign reading. I´m going crazy to get my hands on the October and November Ensings. To prepare yourself for your mission just read gospel literature that talks about missionary work, anything and everything will help. Read Preach My Gospel, chapter 3 over and over again, and try teaching anyone you can, share what you learn even if its just with the fam..! Love you bro, 2 weeks in a row!

Besides all that we´re just at the grinder, workin like captive Israelites with few results, but ever faithful.
Ponder 2 Nephi 30:14 (i found the words in this verse so strange)
20 Beijos para todo mundo

Elder Miguel Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment