Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Matt: November 23, 2011

Dear family,
This week has been challenging. I´m learning a lot about how to put others before myself in the last 7 days. Also about how it feels like to be the mother hen...woof. This week is transfers and my roommate Elder Smith from Spokane ended his mission and went home as did the angel of all trainers, the saint of citizen, the physical and spiritual giant, my beloved Pai, Elder Preston Simper, after they both served for 2 years and 2 months. It made me realize just how fast the mission goes. It seems like hours ago that I got to this area, and just days that I was on the plane from São Paulo to Curitiba. Kinda nuts. The mission is super great. I´m loving it. Even when it seems like all there is in the streets are people that want to bible bash, or people just blinded by the apostacy, it is still the greatest. Yeah, not a lot to report this week except that Jackson (not my companion) is still running amuck unconfirmed around the São Lourenço streets. Just yesterday me and Elder Jackson (my companion) offered to help some lady carrying some grocery sacks home to her house. She gladly accepted and we ended up teaching her about the restoration of the gospel and she accepted to be baptized on the 11th of December. It´s been good lately, just kind of annoying trying to get people to go to church, or keep commitments and things like that. Just your base missionary work I guess.

Al- Thanks for the email. Good to hear about your Buffalo soldiers.
Michael- O que é cabuloso? Nunca ouvi falar.
Devin- You wouldn´t happen to have a copy of Day of Defense that you could send me, do you? I am in desperate need!

I love you all,
Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment