Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Michael: October 19, 2011

Dear fam, this keyboard Im using is awful and kinda makin me want to not write a lot. Aside from that Im kind of down in the dumps- On top of a not so hot week an inactive member that´s lost in the world of drugs stole my camera and sold it while we were having lunch with his Mom yesterday. Last week I took a pic of me and him cause he was wearing a turtle neck wool sweater with a life-guard style tank top over it, and I thought to myself why is he dressed so rediculously and the voice of my 5 year old self said ´´cause it´s hot and cold outside.´´ - The rainy season has started up so the weather is a bit crazy, hot, humid, and chilly all in the same day. - So I figure he knew which pocket my camera was in since we took that pic and while we were in the kitchen blessing the food he snatched it from my bag in the front room.
Im only feeling a little better cause 1- after this life I believe I´ll remember all the things I took pictures of 2- I should be more worried about the comrad thats destroying his life living to buy drugs day to day AND for his fam thats suffering for that and 3- To relieve the stress I bought one of those electric tennis racket bug killers and no doubt it´ll be put to good use.
So we live with a retired member and for 8 years he has spent his days with the missionaries visiting people. It´s been kind of interesting caus we´re pretty much a trio. Me, my comp, and Ademir. After studying we leave and he´s all ready in his white shirt and tie and he works all day with us until we come home at 9:00. Eats lunch with us, everything.... Pretty cool guy. I keep thinking to myself he reminds me of Ted Marshall, the way he always smiles and is always telling a little joke.
The highlight of my week though was going to church. Not only did I feel so uplifted by the spirit but I sat down in sacrament meeting and turned around and who did I see? Regina and Rafael! My favorite 2 people Ive ev taught. I guess shes gonna come to her own ward now with me and Rafael went with her cause it was her first time.

Jor- Good to hear from you. Nossa mae, feeding Hunter! hard to believe all yáll back home had those babies for real. I liked what you said about the Mich fam. How are they doing in ´Nam?

Matt- Elder Jackson is a funny guy. I wrote him after we left the CTM and at the end of his letter he wrote back he said ´´PS Flirt to convert´´ haha so maybe you coulda tried that on the guy who bore his testimony against you. (or ask him more specifically how he felt his testimony or recognized it cause deep down there he´s got nothin. Remember that talk in Gen Conf- the devil doesnt have a divided kingdom or something like that, the dev wouldnt write a book that convinces people to follow Christ. Or Elder Holland´s great grandpa - no evil man could have wrote such a book, and no good man would unless it were true and commanded of God to do so).

I love you all and thank you for your prayers in my behalf
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment