Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Michael: October 12, 2011

Dear family-

Today was transfers. I´m in a new area, Justinopalis- its more of a ´´suburb´´. Just outside the capital. More of a humble place. What I know so far of my area is that the ward here is split into 2 areas, ours and the area of Sisters.
My new companion has been out 6 weeks in the field, from Spokanne, Elder Forsyth.
Somethin kinda cool is that the ward Im in now is the proper ward that Rafael´s girlfriend Regina whom I baptised should attend, so maybe she´ll pay me a visitinha and hopefully I see my bff Rafael another time.
My last week in Paradise was pretty good, a baptism fell through and another couldnt quit smoking in time for me to baptise him. But I left a good piece of my heart there with a lot of great citizens and membs of The Church of Jesus Christ. I didnt think I´d be transfered so I bought lots of food last Pday and ate it all up the last 2 days (over a dozen eggs, prob a pound of potatoes, 3 liters of juice..)
I had some late reflections about General Conference, Pres. Monson is awesome. But one of the coolest experiences I´ve had so far was listening to Pres. Uchtdorfs talk about the meek and humble etc. I was sitting next to Cássia, a 35 year old I baptised a while back. Her family life is pretty horrible, her social life I´d bet is much worse. And she was bawling during Uchtdorfs talk, and I couldn´t help tearing up. I felt Pres. Uchtdorf was talking directly to her. Cássia lives in one room thats probably 6 square meters in area. When we taught her she would sit on her bed, and we sat outside the house and I could easily reach to her to hand her a book etc.
Another not as cool experience was teaching a gay guy that went to Gen Conf with us.

Matt- Looking good in the Macacao! haha. Job well done with that family down ther down ther. Que bençao, milagres acontecem sem dúvida.
I affirm what Matt said about geneology, those of you who enjoy internet access should hop on it I´m sure you´ll receive promised blessings. I hear indexing is something cool everyone can do?

Well fam I´ma get going but I love you all deeply.
mm mm mm mm muah.
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment