Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Matt: October 19, 2011

Dearest family of mine,
This week was pretty interesting. My companion likes to knock doors so we´ve been pretty much just doing that all week long. I don´t like it so much, but I know there is a valuable lesson to be learned in all of this. Even if that lesson is working "smarter not harder''. Not a lot to report other than we are just working like our hair is on fire and trying to find anyone and everyone in this neighborhood who wants to follow the savior. We got pizza yesterday that was super duper cheap and way delicious. As I was eating it I and one of the other elders in our house (yeah we live in 4 here in the SLZ) found an ant baked into the chocolate. I rationalized that it´s just more protein, and it was a real bargain of a pizza so I just ate it anyway. Also I have had 146 hand shakes so far since Monday morning... I don´t even want to think about Sunday at church. Also in the yellow submarine in which I live in, our beds have fleas. One of the elders says fleas are the same thing as bed bugs, and the effects are very similar. Dozens of little bites that just itch like the devil, hating going to bed (even as a missionary!), and just a general overhaul on "wife points".
There was something else that happened that I felt was worth mentioning but I forgot what it was... whatever. Well it sounds like things are going good. Actually that is more of a guess because I only heard from Alison saying that Nat and Avery are in the Buff somewhere.

Michael- That sucks that your camera got jacked. Really I could not think of anything more awful that could happen to a missionary. Have fun with that bug tennis racket though, and if it stops working for a sec, don´t trade it for ping pong balls. You will regret it and feel like an idiot for the rest of your life.

Candace- I bought that camera screen with my credit card so if you could pay that off for me I would greatly appreciate it.

I love you all
-Elder Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment