Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Michael: May 18, 2011

Dear family!

It was a struggle but I got onto my email account (it was on the fritz earlier today) and I get to drop you a quick line, along with some pictures. The only noteworthy things were the events of Sunday. Starting on Friday though (rather last minute) we found out that Nilson our investigator needed to be interviewed by the mission president. So we scheduled the interview for Sunday morning, day of the baptism, at 7-30. Our branch here starts at 8-30. So I just felt the pressure of the mission president coming and something going wrong but it all turned out great. The interview went well. And Pres Parrella stayed with us for all 3 meetings of church and the baptism. I gave a talk, which went a lot better than the talk I gave last September (when I got the Sit-down-your-time-is-up note of shame). After I talked President Parrella took up the rest of the time and gave a great talk. The other dupla of Elders had a baptism too- I interviewed their investigator and I don´t know what Jesus would´ve done if he had interviewed him. He was excited to be baptised but doesn´t know nothin. I dont think he reads, he´s straight from the ranch. I asked him to say the prayer at the end of his interview- and after teaching him how, he said ´´Dear Heavenly Father in the name of Jesus Christ amen.´´ So after the interview we had the baptism. Nilson chose me to baptise him (cause I´m the stronger out of us 2). The baptismal font which I filled before church - had slowly been draining the past 3 hours cause of some problem, and so Elder Gagon at 150 lbs went down into the mid-thigh high waters with Nilson at 275 lbs and a bad knee from his motorcycle accident. Thanks to the power clean technique Ive learned I was able to get low and execute the ordenance.
Matt- I got your letters - with the Elder Bednar talk and your cow boy pic haha.
I love you, my family, and I thank you for your prayers.
Elder Michael Gagon

PS - I liked a quote from Elder Packer that goes something like ´´Don´t mistakingly think God causes that which he- for his own purposes- permits.``

No comments:

Post a Comment