Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Matt: May 4, 2011

Dearest family of mine,
This week was a little wierd. As I said last week I am now here with Elder Dornelles. He´s a 26 year old gaucho with just a few months on the mish. However before he was a missionary he was a professor, so he already teaches really really well. Sure it takes like an hour and a half to cover the Plan of Salvation, but people really understand so it is worth it. The best way I could describe him would be, I am companions with Kenneth Parcell from 30 Rock. He is always cheery, nothing gets him down, he's kinda out there, and he and I have nothing in common. However we are working like CRAZY here so it is great!

Also this week we had stake conference. I don´t know if this is all stake conferences here, but it was via satellite from satellite and a 70, the general primary president, Jeffrey R Holland, and the Prophet spoke! It was awesome. I don´t remember a lot of what they said, but when Jeffrey the Lionheart got up he said, "Bom dia irmãos e irmãs" and I was like, "OMG he is going to talk in portuguese!" but then he just continued in english. Big downer, but the person translating his voice was the Father&Sons salmon master 2001-03 himself; Henrique DeAgostini! He also translated for President Monson, so that was cool.

What else? Mother's day is in a few days, and yes I am super pumped to skype yallsies. I´m gonna go to a LAN house at 6 Brasil time (3 o´clock there, 5 eastern time) so that all of my beloved family members can partake in this bounteous affair. If you guys know how to do a conference call, I´m just gonna try and do my best just to log on and be there.

Nick-) sounds like life is awesome. Congrats on being the men´s chair and immortalizing your high school awesomeness with a sweet pic on the wall down the row from Rhett.
Rhett-) Dude, lookin pretty burly with the barba-zão!
In-laws-) Unlike Michael, my mission president is not cracking down on emails, so if any of you besides Nate J want to send me some regular updates on your lives, pictures, or whatever PLEASE DO!
Michael-) você é um pai?!?! Nossa! eu só virei senhor kkkkk. Eu mandei um journal entry in one of those green and yellow envelopes. def not part of your hall of fame, but something to look forward to.

I love you all.
tchau
-Elder Matt Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment