Elder Matthew Wright Gagon - Brazil Curitiba Mission

Elder Michael David Gagon - Brazil Belo Horizonte Mission

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Michael: June 22, 2011

Dear family!
This week was good, highlighted by the baptism of Charles! It was great to see how happy it made his wife and her family who are members. It was emotional for all of them. You can tell their life is already better because of it by the way they look and the difference you feel in their house. One day me and my comp got lost looking for an inactive couple when a kid said ´´hey elders´´ and instead of just waving and walking along I stopped to talk to him and he said he lived close by but was visiting his Aunt who had recently moved in to the neighborhood- and he led us to her house- his Aunt is Charle´s wife- and thats a very short version of the miraculous way we found, taught, and baptised Charles. Every time I left his house I never felt like our lessons were any good but I know the Lord´s will was done, and it wasnt because of us that they are now a complete and happy family.
It´s great to see Nilson passing the sacrament (limping w/ his bad knee) and he says every Sunday is more good ha.
Another blessing was yesterday when Suely showed us the picture of her baptism that she had blown up to a 5 x 10 hanging in her front room.
I finished the Book of Mormon this week and started again :)! So far my favorite verse is 1 Nefi 3:5.
The other day I was walking with my comp (of course I was with my comp) and through the window of the Catholic church we could see the mural on the wall of John the baptist standing on dry ground on the banks of the Jordan River, pouring a cup of water on Jesus head haha. Lots of people lately have told us ´´I know there is a lot of stuff wrong about the catholic church but Im gonna stay in it.´´
Here are some photos, I dont know if any are repeats, or if any need explication... I´ve been working on this photo food project for a while to give you guys a good look at what Im eating. Much better than me trying to describe rice, beans, meat, and pasta.
I didnt get a foto but I saw a 6 foot tall, 10 wheelin bicycle built for 12!!!!
Well fam all is well here even though my smart comp thinks the TP clogs the toilet and started throwing his dirty TP in a trash can in the bathroom.
Anyone figure out the distance from Alta High School to the Salt Lake temple? or are yáll still measuring it?
Or cure to foot-itch? Or the population of Salt Lake City vs. Belo Horizonte?
Dad- happy fathers day! I love you. I believe I am here where I am because of you.
Nat- I imagine Avery with the voice of an owl or other bird ´´cooing´´ all the time. In order to know what I want to keep from the trailer I´d need to know what I put in there.. I thought I only had like 2 Boxes and already threw out stuff I didnt need. Also, the hot dogs they sell here in the streets is cooked in a tomatoe soupy sauce, with mayonaise and corn and itty bitty fried potatoe chips on top (like smashed ruffles).
Bourne/the 4th missionary- (Dude I lost that talk on the bus before I finished it and it had already doubled my entendimento of the plan of salvation.) Thanks for the pacote that I shall soon receive!

I love you all family, I love the mission, and I love our Savior´s gospel plan!
Elder Michael Gagon

No comments:

Post a Comment